Here are some of the most controversial and all-time popular fashion trends based on 6 online retailers that cater to international customers: Topshop, Urban Outfitters, Net-a –Porter, H&M, Bloomingdales, Zara.
- The fringed dresses – dresses with fringing are a sell out at H&M. The black fringed dress and hot flapper dresses were sold like pancakes online and looks like the trend will never be over anytime soon.
- The dipped hem dresses – Urban Outfitters, H&M and Forever 21 are getting more orders from customers looking for dresses with dipped hems. This type of dress even had social media buzzing; the dress trended in August last year.
- Tribal prints – celebrities donning tribal and Aztec prints have skyrocketed this trend so far. You can find tribal print dresses and other garments at Forever 21 and Urban Outfitters.
- The dip/tie dye trend – colorful and trendy, you will never be able to resist tie or dip dye jersey dresses, dipped hem dresses and leggings at H&M, Bloomingdales and ASOS.
- Maxi dresses – this trend has been strong for the past years and is available in almost all stores with price ranging from as low as $12.21 at Forever21 to as expensive as $508 at Shopbop.
- Comfy cardigan – cardigans are strong trends in trans-seasonal dressing in the UK and this is evident in more than 1,000 cardigan products online in the past days. Expect great deals at Urban Outfitters, H&M, Topshop, Forever21, ASOS, Bloomingdales and Anthropologie.
- Peplums – this garment has been a resilient trend over the past years and you can find the latest like fitted dresses at Anthropologie. Social media also reflect the popularity of peplums and peplum dresses with an increase in 233% of discussions about this trend online.
- Body Con dresses – this dress style has invaded online discussions in May and body con dresses of all styles have arrived lately at Topshop, Zara, H&M and Net-a-Porter. Styles range from printed, bandaged, knitted and LBD while prices from the most affordable to as expensive as $1780 at Neiman Marcus for a body con bondage dress.
These are the trends to watch out for this year and for the following years to come. These are strong trends and will do well in improving the popularity of your online e-commerce site.