It is hard to dress up on a rainy day; a dress is a no-no while a suede shoes are out of the question. So how do you make yourself presentable even when the weather prevents you from doing so? Here are some rainy day style tips from Pennyweight online:
- Wear something colourful. The weather may be depressing but it is no reason to be sad as well. Wear a colourful scarf, colourful printed rubber boots, a cure blouse or any colourful accessory.
- Don’t forget to carry your umbrella even when the skies seem to clear up. But consider purchasing a cheaper model if you are prone to losing your umbrella. A colourful and fun suggestion is kids’ umbrellas. These come really cheap and will also add more fun and cuteness in your look.
- Protect your dress or your blouse and pants with a classic trench coat. Oftentimes trench coats come in boring, monotonous colors but you can certainly do away with these and use a colourful style along with a hat or a pair of gloves.
- Don’t forget that there are materials that you should never wear outside when it is raining. Shoes made from leather and suede will be easily ruined when you wear them out. You should also avoid using a suede or leather handbag since you may accidentally drop it or wet it as you commute or walk. It is better to stick to rubber or use rubber boots when the weather becomes nasty. Leather shoes should be protected with a leather spray at all cost.
- A waterproof jacket may not offer that much protection when the wind is high and the rain is very hard. You may wear it to protect your clothes but be sure to carry your umbrella with you all the time.
- Rainy day boots – rubber boots come in different shapes, styles, colors, brands and designs. There are rubber boots for kids and adults making this a favourite raining accessory.
All these tips will help you plan your wardrobe when it rains. These will also assist you when you would like to experiment on a whole new look this rainy season. As you can see, you do not have to purchase anything expensive to look good but on the other hand you may recycle old clothes and mix and match outfits to create a totally new look.
Here are some of the most controversial and all-time popular fashion trends based on 6 online retailers that cater to international customers: Topshop, Urban Outfitters, Net-a –Porter, H&M, Bloomingdales, Zara.
- The fringed dresses – dresses with fringing are a sell out at H&M. The black fringed dress and hot flapper dresses were sold like pancakes online and looks like the trend will never be over anytime soon.
- The dipped hem dresses – Urban Outfitters, H&M and Forever 21 are getting more orders from customers looking for dresses with dipped hems. This type of dress even had social media buzzing; the dress trended in August last year.
- Tribal prints – celebrities donning tribal and Aztec prints have skyrocketed this trend so far. You can find tribal print dresses and other garments at Forever 21 and Urban Outfitters.
- The dip/tie dye trend – colorful and trendy, you will never be able to resist tie or dip dye jersey dresses, dipped hem dresses and leggings at H&M, Bloomingdales and ASOS.
- Maxi dresses – this trend has been strong for the past years and is available in almost all stores with price ranging from as low as $12.21 at Forever21 to as expensive as $508 at Shopbop.
- Comfy cardigan – cardigans are strong trends in trans-seasonal dressing in the UK and this is evident in more than 1,000 cardigan products online in the past days. Expect great deals at Urban Outfitters, H&M, Topshop, Forever21, ASOS, Bloomingdales and Anthropologie.
- Peplums – this garment has been a resilient trend over the past years and you can find the latest like fitted dresses at Anthropologie. Social media also reflect the popularity of peplums and peplum dresses with an increase in 233% of discussions about this trend online.
- Body Con dresses – this dress style has invaded online discussions in May and body con dresses of all styles have arrived lately at Topshop, Zara, H&M and Net-a-Porter. Styles range from printed, bandaged, knitted and LBD while prices from the most affordable to as expensive as $1780 at Neiman Marcus for a body con bondage dress.
These are the trends to watch out for this year and for the following years to come. These are strong trends and will do well in improving the popularity of your online e-commerce site.
Put together an outfit while it’s still chilly outside. Going to wear the boots one last time before it gets hot out side and the heels come out!