It’s hard to grow up with a lot of people telling you what to wear or what not to wear. Now that you are all grown up you have probably known that most of all the advice that you got were just plain fashion rules that should be broken. Most of these are so outdated and even downright funny. Here are some of the most popular outdated fashion myths that you may still be following till this day:
- Never wear tights together with open-toed shoes – if you still believed that tights and open-toed shoes are outdated then you may still be stuck in the last century. We all know now that there is nothing wrong with this combination. You may wear tights together with any kind of footwear and in fact this may also be worn in winter just by tucking the seams of your tights under your toes.
- Never wear your leather or suede wardrobe in summer – this rule is definitely outdated since there are more clothes and accessories made from leather and suede that you can wear all year round. It won’t make sense not to wear then in summer.
- Never mix jeweleries made from different metals – there are jewellery pieces made from mixed metals which defy this rule and of course with all the cute and popular jewellery pieces that you can choose there is really nothing wrong with mixing and matching pieces together.
- Colors to stay away from when you are a redhead – you may have heard about color advice from family and friends saying that you should stay away from red. But actually, red enhances the red in a redhead’s head. With just the right combination of red, you can accentuate your features and your looks. There are also bolder colors that you can wear for any occasion if you are a red head. The secret is to forget about this rule and wear whatever you want.
- Never wear white after Labor Day- this is absurd rule. I mean what will really happen when you do wear white? White colored clothes and accessories are allowed all throughout the year and yes even during the winter months! You should try wearing a winter white outfit during the cold months; it will make you look sophisticated and will let you stand out from all other people wearing standard dark colored clothes.
- Never get caught with a mismatched shoes and bag- this is a rule that has been conceptualized in the 1950s way back when women were very conservative and had a tailored rule about what to wear and what not to wear. Definitely you could ditch this rule and wear anything you want. Mismatched attire could even be more fun and may look more daring compared to abiding by the standard matching outfit look. What you can do is to mix and match outfits to find out which one would be perfect for an occasion or for everyday wear.
- Never combine black with navy or brown – do you know that all these colors are neutral colors so you can actually wear these colors with any other hues and even wear them with each other. There should be no one stopping you from wearing anything you want especially combining colors together. Same rule apply, take time to mix and match black outfits with brown or navy and see which one would look better on you. You should also invest in more neutral accessories like belts, bags, chunky jewellery and shoes.
Today I ordered custom koozies at ExpressImprint.com that would look cute while I drink my beer after being inspired from a friend. Koozies have become the latest fashion statement which can be used at the parties or just causally when walking around. Koozies have many uses. It is the new trend in the market. It is a way through which you can express your feeling to the world by putting it around your beer can. Koozies are available in different shades, sizes, shapes and models. You can choose the Koozies according to your choice and fashion statement, and then customize the Koozies by adding photos; quotes etc. personalized custom Koozies make a good fashion statement.
The statement your Koozie makes reflects your creativeness and creativity. It’s a good investment to show your identity as well as style. Through the custom Koozies you can even express your emotions!
It is hard to dress up on a rainy day; a dress is a no-no while a suede shoes are out of the question. So how do you make yourself presentable even when the weather prevents you from doing so? Here are some rainy day style tips from Pennyweight online:
- Wear something colourful. The weather may be depressing but it is no reason to be sad as well. Wear a colourful scarf, colourful printed rubber boots, a cure blouse or any colourful accessory.
- Don’t forget to carry your umbrella even when the skies seem to clear up. But consider purchasing a cheaper model if you are prone to losing your umbrella. A colourful and fun suggestion is kids’ umbrellas. These come really cheap and will also add more fun and cuteness in your look.
- Protect your dress or your blouse and pants with a classic trench coat. Oftentimes trench coats come in boring, monotonous colors but you can certainly do away with these and use a colourful style along with a hat or a pair of gloves.
- Don’t forget that there are materials that you should never wear outside when it is raining. Shoes made from leather and suede will be easily ruined when you wear them out. You should also avoid using a suede or leather handbag since you may accidentally drop it or wet it as you commute or walk. It is better to stick to rubber or use rubber boots when the weather becomes nasty. Leather shoes should be protected with a leather spray at all cost.
- A waterproof jacket may not offer that much protection when the wind is high and the rain is very hard. You may wear it to protect your clothes but be sure to carry your umbrella with you all the time.
- Rainy day boots – rubber boots come in different shapes, styles, colors, brands and designs. There are rubber boots for kids and adults making this a favourite raining accessory.
All these tips will help you plan your wardrobe when it rains. These will also assist you when you would like to experiment on a whole new look this rainy season. As you can see, you do not have to purchase anything expensive to look good but on the other hand you may recycle old clothes and mix and match outfits to create a totally new look.
Here are some of the most controversial and all-time popular fashion trends based on 6 online retailers that cater to international customers: Topshop, Urban Outfitters, Net-a –Porter, H&M, Bloomingdales, Zara.
- The fringed dresses – dresses with fringing are a sell out at H&M. The black fringed dress and hot flapper dresses were sold like pancakes online and looks like the trend will never be over anytime soon.
- The dipped hem dresses – Urban Outfitters, H&M and Forever 21 are getting more orders from customers looking for dresses with dipped hems. This type of dress even had social media buzzing; the dress trended in August last year.
- Tribal prints – celebrities donning tribal and Aztec prints have skyrocketed this trend so far. You can find tribal print dresses and other garments at Forever 21 and Urban Outfitters.
- The dip/tie dye trend – colorful and trendy, you will never be able to resist tie or dip dye jersey dresses, dipped hem dresses and leggings at H&M, Bloomingdales and ASOS.
- Maxi dresses – this trend has been strong for the past years and is available in almost all stores with price ranging from as low as $12.21 at Forever21 to as expensive as $508 at Shopbop.
- Comfy cardigan – cardigans are strong trends in trans-seasonal dressing in the UK and this is evident in more than 1,000 cardigan products online in the past days. Expect great deals at Urban Outfitters, H&M, Topshop, Forever21, ASOS, Bloomingdales and Anthropologie.
- Peplums – this garment has been a resilient trend over the past years and you can find the latest like fitted dresses at Anthropologie. Social media also reflect the popularity of peplums and peplum dresses with an increase in 233% of discussions about this trend online.
- Body Con dresses – this dress style has invaded online discussions in May and body con dresses of all styles have arrived lately at Topshop, Zara, H&M and Net-a-Porter. Styles range from printed, bandaged, knitted and LBD while prices from the most affordable to as expensive as $1780 at Neiman Marcus for a body con bondage dress.
These are the trends to watch out for this year and for the following years to come. These are strong trends and will do well in improving the popularity of your online e-commerce site.